Notts Triathlon and Tristars Aquathlon - Terms and Conditions
"The Organiser" - UoN Triathlon
"The Event" - Notts Triathlon and Tristars Aquathlon to be held on Sunday 2nd April 2017
"The Participant" - Individual(s) who wish to enter or have entered The Event via the on-line entry service.
1. Conditions of Entry
By completing the designated entry process participants are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions. Where the entry has been submitted via the British Triathlon Federation's on-line entries service the Participant agrees that neither the British Triathlon Federation nor any of the home nation Triathlon federations will be liable to the Participant for any matter connected with the Event. The contract is between the Organiser and the Participant.
2. Completion of Entry process
It is the Participant's responsibility to provide accurate and truthful information when completing the entry process, any errors in data entered is the responsibility of the Participant.
If at any point the organiser discovers that the Participant has provided false or inaccurate personal information, or that the information provided means that the participant is ineligible to participate in the Event the organiser reserves the right to refuse entry or disqualify the Participant, without any refund of the entry fee or administration fee.
Each Participant is required to pay the entry fee in full, along with any administration fees which may apply at the time of entry.
Once payment is received and entry is confirmed, the fee is non-refundable other than as set out in section 5 below.
Administration fees are non-refundable in all circumstances.
4. Confirmation of entry
Entry to the event is confirmed by the British Triathlon Federation online entry service via email to the email address provided by the Participant only upon completion of the entry process.
5. Participant's withdrawal policy & refunds
If the Participant wishes to withdraw from the Event they must do so by informing the Organiser in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject title must be "WITHDRAWAL". No other method of withdrawal is accepted by the Organiser. Providing the withdrawal notice is provided within the applicable time limits the Organiser will confirm the withdrawal by email to the Participant within 5 working days. If no response to the withdrawal request is received the Participant should phone the Organiser on 07581739204.
Withdrawing from the Event is irrevocable; if notice of withdrawal is given under this section then the Organiser will remove the Participant's name from its start lists and other official documentation, whether or not the entry fee has been refunded in full, in part or not at all.
Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that any refund that may be due will be payable by the Organiser and that the British Triathlon Federation or any home nation Triathlon federation will not be liable in any way for the said refund. The British Triathlon Federation (and the home nation federations) will not be responsible for processing or obtaining any refund.
6. Transfer & swapping of entries
Participants are not allowed to transfer or swap their entry to another person under any circumstances. Entries cannot be deferred to future editions of the Event.
Transferring or swapping of entries risks that the Organiser's Event insurance will be voided or subject to limitations and conditions or limitations not anticipated by the Organiser. In this and in other ways attempting to swap entries creates additional risks for the Event and for the other Participants.
Any participants and other involved individuals who are found to have swapped their entries will be banned from participating in all future events promoted by the organiser, and referred to the relevant Home Nation Association who may chose to implement further disciplinary action.
7. Race information
The race information is published on the Event website. It is the Participant's responsibility to read, understand and abide by the race information. The Organiser reserves the right to alter the race information at any time without notice.
Details of the registration process are contained within the race information. It is the responsibility of the Participants to attend registration during the published times. Participants are required to attend registration to collect their race packs, those unable to attend may nominate another individual to collect their race pack if that individual is in possession of the entry confirmation email and a form of photo ID of the participant.
Participants must have photo ID (drivers licences, passport, Triathlon membership card etc) to register for the event and be issued their race pack.
Race packs will not be posted out, and can only be collected on the day of the event and during the published times of registration for the Participant
If you do not register for the Event you will not be entitled to compete.
The Organiser has the right to use images, photographs and video taken by their contracted photographers and employees at the Event without informing the Participant. These images will only be used for the purposes of promoting, reporting and broadcasting the event, and any other promotion related to the business activities of the Organiser.
Any individual who does not wish to have their image used by the organiser for these purposes must inform the organiser via email no later than one week prior to the event. Notification closer to, or after the Event can be made and the organiser will use its best endeavours to prevent images of that individual being used but cannot guarantee it.
For events where under 18 year olds are competing, Participants and event attendees are required to comply with the Photography Policy published on the event website.
10. Competition Rules
The Event is run in accordance with British Triathlon Federation Rules, which can be viewed at www.britishtriathlon.org/about except where stated i.e. elite races.
It is the Participant's responsibility to know and abide by the rules, and to ensure their equipment and its use complies with the rules.
Where cut-off times apply, the Organiser reserves the right to remove Participants that do not meet those times or have, in their opinion, no realistic chance of meeting those times. In this situation no refund will be made to the Participant.
11. Event Changes
The Organiser reserves the right to change or amend any details relating to the Event at its sole discretion due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including by way of changing distances or disciplines. This includes the right to alter start times etc.
12. Event Cancellation
If the Event is cancelled for reasons beyond the organisers control, including without limitation fire, storm, act of terrorism, "act of god", serious medical incident, then the Participant will not be entitled to any refund or compensation of other losses and any refund that the Organiser decides to make will be within the absolute discretion of the Organiser.
Participation in the Event is at the Participant's own risk. The Participant irrevocably agrees to hold harmless, indemnify and reimburse the Organiser from and for any sum, costs or expenses (including legal and professional fees) incurred, payable or paid by the Organiser to any person (including the Participant and/or any of the Participant's insurers) in connection with any accident, loss, damage or injury (including death) arising out of the Participant's attendance at and participation in the Event or any part thereof (except where any such injury or death is caused by the negligence of the Organiser or any of its employees) and the Organiser's liability to the participant is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Other than as stated below, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising from an event of Force Majeure.
The Organiser, its staff, agents or contractors shall not be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage.
The Organiser will not be liable for any computer result errors or any technical malfunctions.
Whilst the Organiser takes every care with staging the event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his/her sole responsibility. The Organiser shall not be liable to the participant for any loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the participant, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the participant taking part in the Event; or for any loss of business; revenue or profit; loss of reputation; anticipated savings or wasted expenditure; pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity.
The Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
14. Medical Conditions & Information
All Participants are required to provide emergency contact details as part of the entry process, and to disclose any known medical conditions to the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry and not to provide a refund, if a Participant fails to provide this information or the information provided is known to be false.
It is the Participant's responsibility to ensure they have the right level of physical ability to complete the Event. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with your safe participation in the Event, before you enter you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice. Please see our Health Commitment Statement for more advice (below).
15. Collection & use of data
The Participant agrees and consents to The Organiser using his/her personal details provided in his/her Online Registration Form or otherwise and for the following purposes:
(a) The Organiser requires a record of each Participant's registration details including third party emergency contact details for internal administration purposes in order to properly conduct and to safely administer the Event.
(b) The Participant agrees to receive emails from Notts Triathlon and Tristars Aquathlon and British Triathlon and the Home Nation Associations containing event information and event updates before and after the event.
(c) The Organiser will also keep records of medical information provided that it is kept confidential and may be shared only with medical personnel or teams allocated to the Event. Such information shall be deleted within a reasonable time following the completion of the Event unless the participant agrees that the Organiser may use such information in relation to future events organised by the Organiser which are staged within a reasonable timeframe thereafter.
(d) The publication of the official start lists and results of the Event, and their inclusion in British Triathlon Federation's historical results database as well as other reasonable statistical purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, the following Participant information shall be published within Event start lists and results: Name, Age, Age Category, Gender, Club and membership number as appropriate. In addition to this data, Date of Birth shall be passed to British Triathlon to enable matching of results to individual membership records, but will not be publicly published.
(a) The Organiser will use the Participant's contact data submitted on the Online Registration Form or otherwise to send the Participant information by e-mail and/or SMS relating to the Event, other events and any further categories of news and promotional information as the Participant may have requested on the Online Registration Form.
(b) The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser may send an e-mail or SMS notification following the Event inviting the Participant to submit or renew his/her registration for any future Organiser events.
(c) The Participant accepts that the Event's appointed photography partner will be able to email them post event regarding the purchase of participant photos from the event.
(d) The Participant accepts that if he/she ticks a charity box at point of entry, their details will be passed onto said charity who will be able to contact him/her in the future
Health commitment statement
Your health is your responsibility. The Organiser is dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy your participation in the Events safely. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
We will respect your personal decisions, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
We will make every reasonable effort to make sure the Event is organised to accepted safe operational standards for you to enjoy.
We will make all reasonable steps to ensure first aid is available at the Event to an industry standard.
If you tell us you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our event, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with your safe participation in the Event, before you enter you should seek advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
It is the decision of the Participant, not the Organiser, to determine whether he or she is fit enough to participate in the Event. If the Participant is in any doubt, they should seek medical advice. It is up to the Participant where to seek that medical advice.
You should let us know immediately, if you feel unwell whilst participating in the Events. Our staff are not qualified Doctors, but there will be first aid provision in attendance at the Events.
If you have a disability, you must follow any reasonable instructions to allow you to complete our event safely.
This Health Commitment Statement sets the standards that the Organiser and the Participant can reasonably expect from each other in regards to the health of the participant.
DB Max Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by DB Max Events. In these terms and conditions participants will be referred to as "you" and the event organiser will be referred to as "DB Max" or "DB Max Events".
1. By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. All participants must be above 16 years of age for senior races.
3. You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the website www.dbmax.co.uk and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
4. The registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. The refund policy is as described in the Varsity Triathlon Terms and Conditions above.
5. If any details provided by you on your registration form change you must update your entry on active.com. If that is not possible, then you must notify Varsity Triathlon immediately in writing by emailing to suTriathlonClub@nottingham.ac.uk.
6. DB Max Events reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
7. You will be emailed prior to the event with further event details and instructions.
8. Please note that all arrangements for the event, including the venue, date and programme may be subject to change. Any changes will be notified to you by email no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
9. You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken your own medical advice, and that you are medical are fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
10. You are responsible for taking out suitable personal insurance cover for your participation in the event, and you must provide a copy of your insurance certificate to DB Max if requested.
11. You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that the Event Organiser cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
12. You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
13. You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and Event Organisers. If you behave in any manner which is, in the Event Organiser´s opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
14. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
15. DB Max are not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide other services at the event. You use any such services at your own risk.
16. If the event has to be postponed for any reason, the Event Organiser will endeavour to arrange an alternative event, and you will be notified of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish to participate in the rearranged event. Accommodation fees will not be refunded if the event is re-scheduled.
17. If the event has to be cancelled, you will receive a refund of your registration fee minus a 20 % deduction to cover administration costs.
18. If access to a published course is restricted for any reason an alternative course will be used. If water temperatures prevent an open-water swim going ahead, the triathlon will be adapted to a duathlon and the event will proceed as normal. Entry fees will not be refunded for anyone choosing not to participate in the adapted event.
19. You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by the Event Organiser in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
20. By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by the Event Organiser to contact you regarding their other events.
If you need assistance in reading and understanding these terms and conditions please contact a member of the events team on 07581 739 204.