The award winning Notts Triathlon and TriStars Aquathlon return to the beautiful University of Nottingham campus on Sunday, 2 April 2017
This sprint triathlon for ages 15 and above consists of a 400m Speedo swim at the University Park Swimming Pool, a hilly 5 lap (15km) cycle on internal campus roads around University Park followed by a 5km run throughout campus, around Highfields Park Lake, and finishing on the Downs.
This event is open to the general public age 15 and above with a emphasis towards students, staff, faculty, and alumni of the University of Nottingham (UoN) and Nottingham Trent University (NTU). The final wave will be a varsity wave between top current members of University Triathlon Clubs from across the UK.
Back again better than ever is the Notts TriStars Aquathlon for younger competitors! This aquathlon is open to participants 8-14 years of age consisting a pool swim and run of age-appropriate distances.
There are two main categories of entry:
- General Entry
- Individual Triathlon (ages 18 and above) - £40
- Relay Triathlon (ages 18 and above) - £60
- Youth Triathlon (ages 15-17) - £25
- Youth Relay Triathlon (ages 15-17) - £45
- TriStars Start Aquathlon (age 8) - £15
- TriStars 1 Aquathlon (ages 9-10) - £15
- TriStars 2 Aquathlon (ages 11-12) - £15
- TriStar 3 Aquathlon (ages 13-14) - £15
- Charity Entry aiming to raise funds for the Children's Brain Tumour Research Centre using discount code "LIFECYCLE7"
- Individual Triathlon (ages 18 and above) - £24 with commitment to raise £125
- Relay Triathlon (ages 18 and above) - £36 with commitment to raise £300
- Youth Triathlon (ages 15-17) - £15 with commitment to raise £50
- Youth Relay Triathlon (ages 15-17) - £27 with commitment to raise £150
- TriStars Start Aquathlon (age 8) - £9 with commitment to raise £25
- TriStars 1 Aquathlon (ages 9-10) - £9 with commitment to raise £25
- TriStars 2 Aquathlon (ages 11-12) - £9 with commitment to raise £25
- TriStar 3 Aquathlon (ages 13-14) - £9 with commitment to raise £25
Event Details and Schedule
Final details can be downloaded here. The 2017 start list can be downloaded here. The Notts Triathlon will be held in the morning with multiple waves of general entry participants followed by two Elite Varsity waves. We turn over the course to our TriStars in the afternoon with the Notts TriStars Aquathlon.
6.30am - Registration Opens
7.00 am - Transition Opens (Transition will be secure and only registered participants will be able to access it)
9am-12.30pm – General Entry Notts Triathlon Waves. Start times will be based on estimated 400m swim time. A start list with exact start times will be emailed to registered participants and released on the Varsity Triathlon website the week of the race.
Rough estimates of swim start times are:
- 9-9.30am: Participants with estimated 400metre swim times greater than 9 minutes
- 9.30-10.15am: Participants with estimated 400metre swim times between 7-9 minutes
- 10.15am-11am: Participants with estimated 400metre swim times less than 7 minutes
11.00am – UoN IMS and Elite Varsity Waves. The UoN IMS Waves will be open to top non-Triathlon members of UoN Sport. The Elite Varsity Waves will be open to top current members of University Triathlon Clubs from across the UK.
1pm-1.30pm - Award Ceremony held in the Sandicliffe Triathlon Village
2pm-4.30pm - Notts TriStars Aquathlon
4.30pm-5pm - Notts TriStars Aquathlon Awards Ceremony held in the Sandicliffe Triathlon Village
5.30pm - Transition Closes (although participants can collect their bikes earlier while yielding to those still racing)
Participants should arrive for registration in the David Ross Sports Village at least 1 hour and 45 minutes prior to their wave start. Bikes must be racked in transition and participants must be poolside in the University Park Swimming Pool 15 minutes prior to their waves start time for a mandatory race briefing. Failure to attend this briefing will result in a participant's disqualification from the race.
Changing facilities and toilets will be available. Food and drink will be available for purchase in the Sandicliffe Triathlon Village. Sports Massage Academy will also be available for purchase. Speedo and TFN - Total Fitness will be on hand to provide you with any last minute kit or purchases.
Details of parking will be announced later, but upon arrival participants should head to the David Ross Sports Village for registration. Transition is located nearby as is the pool.